New Houses Of Parliament __ Melbourne.
Printed by J. Fergusson. [n.d., c.1855.]
Wood engraving, image c.100 x 190mm. 4 x 7½". Sheet trimmed, glued to scrap sheet.
Parliament House in Melbourne, located at Spring Street in East Melbourne at the edge of the Melbourne city centre, has been the seat of the Parliament of Victoria, Australia, since 1855 (except for the years 1901 to 1927, when it was occupied by the Parliament of Australia). It is the largest 19th century building in Australia that still functions as a public building. Perhaps an illustration to a graphic journal.
[Ref: 10789] £70.00