Sherif De Lanerk.Chateau De Cathcart Pres Glasgow. Cathcart Castle Near Glasgow.
Paris, publie par Kaeppelin, rue du Croissant 20. London, published by Chs. Tilt, 86, Fleet Street. H.Hooper, 13, Pall mall Lart [n.d., c.1840].
Lithograph, sheet 360 x 540mm. 14¼ x 21¼". Light foxing.
Cathcart Castle was a 15th century castle, located in what is now Linn Park in the Cathcart area of southern Glasgow. The castle was abandoned in in the 18th century, and the remaining ruins were pulled down in 1980, leaving only foundations visible. From a series of Scottish views by French painter and lithographer François Joseph Dupressoir (1800 - 1859), published in London and Paris. Numbered 'PL.11' upper right.
[Ref: 10728] £160.00