Plan of the Surrey Commercial Docks. 1881.
Waterlow & Sons, Lithographers, London.
Lithograph. 470 x 595mm, 18½ x 23½". With P.L.A. Drawing Office ink stamp dated 1925 and manuscript indexing. Binding holes in edge.
The Surrey Commercial Docks in Rotherhithe. Closed in 1969 and derelict for over a decade they were redeveloped as the Surrey Quays. James A. McConnochie was a prominent engineer, Chief Engineer to the Bute Docks and also in charge of the redevelopment of the lower half of Limehouse Dockyard in the 1870s.
From the Port of London Authority archives.
[Ref: 10286] £280.00