West View of Guildford.
Printed by M. & N. Hanhart.
Lithograph on india.Printed area 590 x 1000mm, 23¼ x 39½". Laid on canvas, paper toned overall.
A fine prospect, looking down on the city with its cathedral in the centre. On Pewley Hill to the right can be seen the former semaphore house, while Rookwood, the rectory of St. Nicholas, can be seen in the foreground. To the left, the development to the north of the town is in its early stages. Henry Prosser (1816-1888) was a local artist and art dealer.
The original painting is now if the Borough Collection of the Guildford House Gallery.
[Ref: 10016] £650.00